ACA Kayak Instructor Training
Levels 3 and 4
Our Kayak Instructor Training Course is designed to prepare participants with the professional skills needed to teach whitewater kayaking. NOC’s training will certify up to Level 4 ACA Kayak Instructor.
Participants will work on refining both hard and soft skills including teaching methodology, a focus on student learning styles, group management, as well as rescue prevention and hands-on rescue.
Prior to signing up for this course, paddlers should consider the following prerequisites:
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Can confidently paddle Class III-IV whitewater
- Ability to self-rescue
- Ability to help with group rescues in Class III water
Certification in these courses are based on both paddling and teaching skills and is not guaranteed at any level. These courses are only for those with intermediate to advanced paddling skills.
Participants must be over the age of 18.
*Discounts available at NOC lodging and restaurants
Included in Course:
- Lunch & In-Course Transportation
- NOC’s highly trained, ACA certified instruction
- Teaching Methodology
- Student Learning Styles
- Group Management (on- and off-water)
- Rescue Prevention
- Hands-on rescue (in and out of boat)
NOC provides gear bags, paddling jackets, wetsuits and booties. Participants will need to provide individual gear outlined below.
Discounts at the Outfitter's Store are provided for course participants.
- Boat, Paddle, PFD, Sprayskirt
- Shorts or Swimwear
- Water shoes or old sneakers
- Synthetic T-shirts
- Sunscreen/Lip balm
- Towel and Change of clothes
- Reusable water bottle
- Clothing and personal items
- Rain gear
- Synthetic long underwear
- Light fleece hoodie/pullover
- Nose clips
- Sunglasses and eyeglass strap
- Hat or visor
- Ear plugs